The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! Empty
PostSubject: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 am

On hot days such as this one couldn't help but want something cold and refreshing and preferably sweet. Like ice cream! Smiling, Daryl walked into the shop and grinned when he felt the temperature change from humid and muggy to cool and welcoming. Oh, how Daryl loved magic! Perking up since he was out of the heat, he got in line and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

Grinning like an idiot, he rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet, blue eyes looking to the people ahead of him. It wasn't surprising how many people were in here. And it was a relief to see that it wasn't just First years and younger kids but even grown ups. Scratching his pink hair, he couldn't help a chuckle and stuffed his hands back in his pockets and took a step forward as the line moved up.

Hearing the door open and close briefly letting in a bit of heat, Daryl turned to see another kid who looked as if he would either be a first year or a second year. Shrugging, he was about to turn back around, but the way the boy held himself had him pause and watch him. Giving a friendly smile he offered a, "Hullo."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:48 am

The streets of Diagon Alley were humid, and it didn't help that a crowd of people were constantly rushing past. Usually Sirius would have enjoyed the chance to push past them, smirking at the other students as he placed dungbombs into their shopping bags, but today was different. He could distinctly hear the ice-cream parlour call out his name, and there was nothing he could do but abide.

Grinning, he opened up the entry door, taking a gulp of the fresh cold air. The parlour wasn't empty, much to the boy's delight; he now had the perfect place to create mayhem. It was a Black trait to be able to hide your true intentions, and it was his talent to seem like he belonged anywhere. This was why a few minutes later, Sirius could be seen filing into a line, juggling his pocket for money.

He was so wound up in his plans, that if the boy hadn't been standing next to him, Sirius never would have realized that he was being spoken to.

Sirius smiled, "Hullo there big fella, what ice-cream you going to get? Going for the choc chip, I am," he said, not giving the boy a chance to answer. He gathered that the boy was older, but it hardly mattered.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:59 am

Daryl stared at the kid then laughed and returned his grin. "Not sure yet actually," Daryl admitted.

It would have to be something different that was for sure. A thought struck him, and his grin grew wider. If his friends were around they would know that that grin meant trouble. It meant that the teen had come up with an idea that usually ended up as a prank or some kind of mischief.

First though he'd have to see what kind of kid this was and if he'd be able to help him out. He looked as if he had the right sort of attitude to be a pranker, or at least had a good sense of humor.

"I'm Daryl Oliver by the way. Do you always stick to flavors you know?"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:17 am

The grey-eyed boy smirked, "Different flavours are for different circumstances, and all of them to be tasted once in awhile. For today, it seems that choc chip should do the trick," he winked, looking smug as always. The flavour was only a excuse for what he really wanted to do, and that wink should have it given it away. But he wasn't so sure about how much of the boy's bones were made for pranking.

Remembering his manners however, he nodded, outstretching his hand, "And I shall be Sirius Black the third".
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Laughing again, Daryl nodded in complete agreement. Oh, this kid was good and needed to be kept an eye on. At least Daryl knew there was hope for the younger generation and that not all was lost. With this boy going to Hogwarts now, Daryl knew it was sure to be an interesting year. Hmmm, maybe he should make sure that Riddler and the kid met? Or should he keep them apart?

Accidentally blowing up the school or something like that would not be a good thing, but was bound to happen when putting certain people of like mindedness together.

Arching a brow at the last name, Daryl shrugged it off. Sirius could be related to the Blacks of the wizarding world or just a Muggleborn with the common last name of Black. Either way, the Hufflepuff didn't care one iotta. What he cared about was Sirius seemed fun.

"Then Choc chip it shall be my like minded friend."

Grinning, Daryl quickly stepped forward as the line shrank. Now how to go about this. Blue eyes shining, he asked the younger boy, "And pray tell what's on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 am

Sirius beamed at the older boy, now this was more like it. Patting the boy on the back as a gesture of respect, Sirius couldn't help the grin that kept returning to his features. Walburga would never approve of what he was going to do, but when was the last time he'd done accordingly? It was always a thrill to do the complete opposite, whatever the consequence.

"Now my friend, if I told you where would the fun be in that? Everything is always better when nothing is expected," he said warmly, stepping forward as the line did. It was a relief that there was more to the world then his narrow minded parents, what wouldn't he do to escape? Hogwarts needed to watch out if Sirius and Daryl were to become a force.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 am

Oh yes, he was liking this kid more and more with each minute that passed. Daryl pretended to think about it and replied, "Well, we could always start things out by telling someone we'd pay them a few coins if they ate an ice cream concoction that we came up with."

Of course that was just starting off small. Like Sirius had said though it was best unexpected, but at times some subtly was needed. To start off with anyways. They could gradually work their way up so no one suspected anything.

Getting really excited at the prospect of starting something, Daryl really tried to keep the smirk off his face, but he failed miserably. Looking around, the Hufflepuff clapped the younger boy on his shoulder and whispered in his ear what he was really thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 am

The boy nodded in delight; though Daryl had kind of brushed it aside, Sirius was sure that it was a great idea. Always start with a spark, and it was sure to make a big fire. The fact that he was excited was an understatement, but it was clear from the look of his face, which was unable to contain any of it longer.

When the older brother slapped his shoulder and stared to whisper in his ear, Sirius was sure that he was going to explode. He smiled in agreement, as words entered his ears and put themselves together in his mind. Levitating spell. Ice-cream fight. Blame it upon someone else.

Sirius returned the slap on the shoulder once Daryl had finished, chuckling at the boy's wits. "You've done good big fella, I'm certainly in".
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am

"Great!" Daryl beamed and nodded at Sirius. This was going to be so much fun! Almost bouncing, to the counter since it was his turn, Daryl perused the different flavors and finding some he announced, "I want the Trogladite cream fudge. And a peppermint cone with ice mice toppings."

Smiling pleasantly at the worker while the woman got his two orders he was sure that the boy behind him knew which one they were going to use in their little prank. Gesturing for him to come up to the counter, Daryl stated, "And whatever he wants. I'm paying."

Smiling at Sirius he informed the boy, "Since we're getting along and you offered to help me out."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm

"Don't be fast on this funny business my friend," said Sirius jokingly, "Paying for another usually leads to a deep friendship, so take that into account and decide carefully". Grinning, he stepped up to the counter, leaning forward on it, and skimming over the list of flavours they had. He already knew what he wanted, but he had to make it seem natural, well the thinking process ofcourse.

"Now now, get me a cone of your delicious choc chip please," he winked at the woman ahead, "And that vanilla cone with spiders legs sound lovely, don't you think?" Grinning, the younger boy turned, spotting a boy not far away from there, and gestured for Daryl to see. He seemed perfect for the initiation of the prank, already holding a ice-cream in his hand, but filing into the line for what Sirius could only guess, might be for another.

"That boy has 'prank me' written all over his face, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 am

"Oh, I'm sure despite our age difference we'll be good friends," Daryl replied with a knowing grin. How could they not? Even if they got into a pranking war, they would still be pals and the Hufflepuff would admire the younger boy's handiwork and maybe even 'borrow' a few details.

Following Sirius' motion, the teen's grinned in agreement. Sirius it seemed knew just how to pick the perfect victim. "I try not to think actually," Daryl stated half serious, half jokingly. "It only gets me into trouble."

Now to wait until the boy was halfway through the line or until he had his second helping? Taking his ice cream and beaming at the woman behind the counter he paid for the four ice creams and gestured with his chin to the perfect table. It was a little out of the way but provided an excellent view of the line and the rest of the store.

"Cheers," he mockingly stated and sat down at one of the chairs. Taking a bite of his peppermint ice cream, Daryl's blue eyes appeared to be gazing at nothing in particular when he was actually keeping an eye on their target.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 pm

"I have to give it to you on that, thinking is overrated my friend, I believe instinct takes you further," he smiled, following the boy to the chairs and seating himself down. Taking a large bite of the choc chip ice-cream, he kept watch on their target, waiting for the right moment to come up. He supposed he could get to know Daryl better, after all he seemed much more older and perhaps wiser then Sirius himself did.

"So tell me Daryl," he spoke up, finally choosing to say the boy's name, "Is it true that you can get away with basically anything at Hogwarts? Oh and that there are secret tunnels?" By this time his eyes had lit up of enthusiasm, and excitement. Though it was hard to depicer whether it was because of the prank or the idea of Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 am

"EXACTLY!" Daryl couldn't help but exclaim. At least this kid got it! He grinned and took another bite of his ice cream and nearly choked on it when he saw the kid they were going to use to start their mayhem drop one of his scoops on the floor. The boy looked around then put it back on the cone.

Making a face, Daryl turned his attention to Sirius when asked about Hogwarts. Grinning, he winked at his fellow mischief maker. "Depends on the professors. I can tell you we have at least one professor that might turn a blind eye."

Seeing Sirius' excitement, Daryl laughed. He knew it was tradition for the older years to leave the younger in the dark to find things out for themselves, but he liked this kid. So he answered him honestly. "There are tons of secret passages and such. No one has found them all. Or at least has documented it."

Canting his head, the teen thought about that. "I think it's because things like to move and sometimes you can't recall what exactly you were doing or thinking when you found some of the passages to find them again later."

Smiling, Daryl made sure Sirius was watching and subtly moved his wand in the correct way for the levitation spell. Up went the extra ice cream levitating way above their heads near the level of the ceiling. Making sure he wasn't watching his now airborne ice cream Daryl had to smirk. They were wizards and yet they still followed the same behavior as muggles. How often did one actually look up?

So, as long as part of their concentration was on the ice cream it would remain floating above everyone's heads with them none the wiser until it was too late. Propping his chin on his hand, elbow on the table, he took a larger bite and savored the peppermint taste.

"That should be your fist mission. Find out which professors are likely to take a joke or understand one. The ones who can't.... Try and avoid them."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 am

Sirius nodded slowly, his mouth slightly ajar as he listened carefully. He couldn't wait for Hogwarts - there were so many reasons in its favour. First of all, his mother wouldn't be there, and most importantly, all the pranks he could get away with. He remembered the first time he had started; at that time, he always made sure not to get caught, but what was the fun in that? Getting caught was much more fun and exciting he had to admit. Even being sent to his room, or listening to Walburga screech was worth it.

"I..." he started but saw the now levitating cone, and smirked. Sirius felt a shiver run up his spine, and his eyes lightened. The time was here, and he was ready for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!   I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM! Empty

Back to top Go down

I scream, You scream, We all want ICE CREAM!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour-
Jump to: