The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Looking for a familiar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

Looking for a familiar Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Narcissa entered the shop hoping to find a suitable Familiar.
So far no luck.
Then a large, very fluffy, and very grumpy white persian cat decided to visit her.
It stood right in front of her, gazing intently and completely silent.
It was rather creepy.
Narcissa moved her head ever so slightly to the right.
The cat moved its head with her.

Narcissa moved her head to the left.
The cat copied her.
Narcissa grinned and the cat seemed to do the same.
"Well arent you just a comedien?" she bent over and picked the fluffy feline up.
"Whats your name sweetie? Hmmm" she saw a silver grey streak in the cats tail.
Hmmm...
"I guess you`re Styx." she smiled, "nice to meet you Styx, wanna be my familiar? Well you´ll like it I believe. Maybe you can teach mothers cat a few lessons or two. Do you know any lessons? I suppose not. Well then Mothers cat will teach you." she mused turning around coming face to face with the person behind her.
She froze.
"I wasnt talking to the cat. I swear."
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
First Year
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Severus wasn't sure exactly why he was tormenting himself by entering the shop in Diagon Alley that sold familiars. It would be a novelty to have a creature at his beck and call, to have anything so close to him. At home they didn't have any pets of any kind. If he strained his memory he could just about remember a black crow that had used to sit on the windowsill of their kitchen, where his mother spent most of her time. He didn't know what had happened to the crow. Perhaps that had been his mother's familiar.

He pushed open the door of the shop, hearing the 'ching'ing sound of a bell as he slipped inside. There were so many creatures all around him. Some were in cages, some were on perches, some were in glass boxes, others in tanks. He was impressed by the large variety of creatures, everything ranging from owls to snakes.

Unfortunatly, his situation would not allow for any of these creatures to be purchased, although there were more than a few that he could see himself matched well with. There was a particularly inquisitive raven that followed his movements with eyes as dark as his own. He was about to head towards the raven when he heard a girl's voice speaking close to him.

Severus turned and looked at the girl with startlingly blonde hair. She had been talking to a white cat. Severus didn't care much for cat's. Whenever the strays around Spinners End had hissed at him he had been more than tempted to hiss right back at them. The girl turned to face him and seemed to freeze for a moment before speaking. She claimed that she hadn't been speaking to the cat, and Severus was unable to keep the smirk off his face.

"Who were you talking to then?" He asked innocently.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Narcissa pursed her lips breifly.
"To Merlin." she replied dryly before smiling slightly.
"Alright, fine. The cat. His name is Styx. And what would your name be?" she asked raising an eyebrow, he probably wasnt a pureblood. No pureblood in their right mind apart from Lucius would usually dare smirk at her.
Not that she minded, she actually liked the change but still.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
First Year
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Severus inwardly snorted at the girl's reply. She was talking to Merlin. Yes, if she was taking to Merlin then he was a worm. He winced a little at that, it wasn't the best comparison to make. Thankfully he had not voiced that thought. She had the grace to admit that she had indeed been talking to the cat, before giving him the creatures name.

"Styx, that was the river of the dead in greek mythology." He remarked, his gaze flickering from the girl to the cat before moving back again when she asked his own name.

"Severus. And yours?" He enquiried, feeling that he was more than entitled to know her's if she knew his own.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Narcissa nodded, "Yes exactly. The gray marking on his tail reminded me of that, so I chose Styx. And I'm Narcissa black." she replied,

"and it fits, my mothers cat is named Charon." she remarked, "So you're looking for a familiar? I take it you`re a first year, or maybe second?" she pondered thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Severus Snape
First Year
Severus Snape

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Severus glanced at the cat again, this time focusing on it's tail. There was indeed a grey marking. When she made mention of how her mother's cat was named Charon, Severus could not help but agree that it was indeed fitting. Charon and Styx. Although it should surely be the other way around, with Styx being the older and Charon the younger. That was beside the point though, so it would be left to rest.

Severus frowned a little, recognising the name of Black but not that of Narcissa. When he had received his Hogwarts letter he had managed to convince his mother to invest in a book on Wizarding Geneology, so he would be better prepared for entering the world which he had belonged in but been cruelly denied. He would never spread that to the world at large though. That was his secret to divulge if or when he wished.

"I am going to be a first year." He replied, smoothly dodging the question of looking for a familiar.

"What year are you?" Severus asked in return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a familiar   Looking for a familiar Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a familiar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Magical Menagerie-
Jump to: