The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Away From The Crowds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

Away From The Crowds Empty
PostSubject: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 am

Having decided the Leaky would be way too crowded for her tastes, what with the students of Hogwarts and their parents flooding through it to gain access to the Alley and get the school shopping done, Skyler entered Broomstix with in a breeze of robes and a grin on her face. The summer was looking upward, and this coming year at school was too. Especially considering she would be returning to Hogwarts, where she felt at home.

Her purple gaze around the nearly empty room as the onslaught of flavors and various dishes attacked her senss of smell. Spotting a booth that looked inviting to her, she made her way to it and slid in rather gracefuly, if she did say so herself. Picking up the menu and overlooking it, she had a rather hard tims deciding what she felt like eating. Everything sounded sounded rather good, but she narrowed it down to a bowl of chili with cheese and lemonade. Placing her order when the waitress came to take it, the girl took out her newly acquired book on Animagus' and flipped it open. Might as well do something while waiting.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Narcissa, still in her state of defiance and muggle *shudder* clothing, entered broomstix with an elegant smile on her face.
The smile may or may not be from the fact that she had just met Lucius the day before and he had sort of checked her out, not to mention the checking out being done on her part.
Sigh.
anyway.
She spotted Skyler and bit her lip, undecided on whether to join the girl or not.
Deciding it couldnt hurt she walked up to the girl, proud as ever, though in muggle attire (jeans shorts and a tanktop that read 'I'd look good on you' and purple hightops) shewas still a black.
And the clothes were comfortable.
Though muggles were still...ugh..
"Hello Skyler, mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 am

Looking up and away when someone asked to join her, Skyler wasn't shocked seeing it was Narcissa. She was however a little surprised at the blonde's choice of attire. It was close to Skyler's own, only Skyler enjoyed mixing her own style up with the best of both worlds. She wore hip hugger jeans, light in color, with a white form fitting t-shirt that had a black raven on it. Finishing her ensemble was a light, silver robe, made of thin and cool material. Somewhat close to silk, but not quite as dainty. and of course he trademark shoes. A pair of black high top converse.

Skyler made a show of giving the other girl a once over, arching a brow but refrained from commenting. Yet. She motioned to the seat opposite her. "Please do Narcissa. Company is always valued in my mind. Though it often depends on the company." She smirked, and shaking her head in amusement, she had to ask. "So what's with all this?" Skyler indicated the muggle clothing. "I thought your muggle interests were supposed to be under wraps? This, my friend, is anything but subtle."
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Narcissa shrugged and sat down gracefully.
"Call it revenge." she stated smirking.
"And Lucius seems to like it very much..." she smiled slightly.
And inside she smiled brightly when the girl called her a friend.
"Well my friend, a Black is never subtle. We come, we see, we conquer." she quoted with a sly chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:11 am

Closing her book on Animagus', Skyler slid it across the table to her right, keeping it out of the way as she arched a brow curiously. "Revenge you say? Well I do love a good revenge, especially if it's been earned. Do tell." Skyler leaned back against the seat, purple eyes lighting up as she watched the blonde sit. She barely contained her eyeroll at the obvious grace of the other girls' movements

Smirking, Skyler nodded to the blonde. "Congradulations on catching Malfoy's attention. Now you just gotta keep it." She sent a playful wink to her companion, thinking in honest opinion the blonde wouldn't have trouble in that department. "Before you grace me with your incredible presence, would you like to order anything? I already did, so your damage. Menu's the limit." Skyler offered humorously, grinning crookedly.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

"Oh its well earned." Narcissa's tone turned edged for a moment before she held up her left ring finger.
A silver band was wrapped around it.
"Try to take it off." she challenged.
It was enchanted, a universal sign that she was up for an arranged marriage.
Like a cow at an auction.
She didnt let her sorrow show, instead choosing simple irritation to settle on her features.
"I don't care what the ring on my finger says, I want Lucius and I will not give up." she nodded firmly.
Then she tried to relax,
"My damage? Hmmm I think I'll stick with whatever you ordered." she smirked.
She hoped it wasnt too disgusting.
She waved over a waitress, placed the order and turned deadpanned to Skyler,
"Order done, consider yourself graced by my presence" she winked playfully.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:43 am

Skyler looked at the blonde curiously, before her purple eyes caught the glint of the ring on Narcissa's left hand. Taking the girl up on her offer, she took hold of the blonde's wrist and attempted to remove the offending object. Pureblood or not, Skyler knew the idea of an arranged marriage just didn't sit well with anyone. Maybe especially for a pureblood. It was awful to hav someone decide for you who you should marry, not to mention a hit to the pride, if you looked at it from the right angle.

Skyler released the girls' hand gently, eyeing the ring with a mixture of disgust and slight fear. Skyler knew her own gaurdian was in the midst of contemplating doing much the same for her, and Skyler did not like the thought one bit. She would not, under any circumstances, let it happen. Over her dead body. In any case, she didn'tvy Narcissa. "Well." She started off thoughtfully. "There has got to be a way to get that thing off. Between the two of us, I'm sure we'll figure it out." She easily offered her help. Whether the blonde knew it or not, Skyler had dumped her inthe friend category, and there she would remain in Skyler's eyes until it was proven she wasn't worthy of it.

Rolling her eyes, Skyler grinned. "Hope you like Chilli and lemonade."
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Narcissa let the ghost of a smile drift onto her face as Skyler offered her help.
"Thank you. The only way to get out that I know is marry someone else before I am betrothed. And that may be a problem..." she looked around. No one.
"Lucius and I...er..kissed... And he's a pureblood, he dropped hints about me not having to worry about the marriage contact stuff. I'm afraid.. I'm afraid he will have a marriage arranged for us. He's wanted me for a long time he said, all those hints...Don't get me wrong.. I eh.. I like...him... but I dont wanr to be married, I want to travel, see things, do things, be myself..." she whispered, losing her mask for a second in face of her fears.
Then she sharply sat back and blushed, "Sorry...lost it for a moment.
She rubbed her temples, "Chili and lemonade sounds perfect."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:56 am

If Skyler were even the slightest bit shocked at Narcissa's show of fear, she didn't show it. Don't get her wrong. She was quite surprised by it. But she knew better than to let that show. Doing so would run the risk of scaring the other girl from opening up again, and Skyler pureblood enough to know how to react in these types of situations, and on how to hide her own emotions and feelings. At this point, she just wanted the blonde to fel comfortable discussing things with her.

She did nod though, letting the other girl know she understood where she was coming from. Skyler thought for a moment, and opened her mouth to reply when the waitress appeared with their orders. Providing a polite smile as their food and drinks were set before them, Skyler waited until they were alone again to speak. "Well that is certainly improvement." She commented on the kiss, smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth. "Not to mention very convienient in light of recent events." She nodded at the ring on the others' hand, indicating the arranged marriage issue. She looked thoughtful for a few moments, picking up her glass kf lemonade and holding it up to her lips and pausing just before taking a drink long enough to say, "You know, purebloods are alot alike in the ways of how they're raised and how that effects them in terms of the things they want to do before becoming what is expected of them." She drank from her glass, purple eyes on the girl across from her as she willed the other to catch the meaning behind her masked words.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Cissa smiled softly thinking of the kiss before nodding.
"That may be
true, but I think theres something bigger behind my fathers notions. We
are all engaged. Bella and I leave for Thailand tomorrow. And She's
engaged to Rodolphus Lestrange, and Andromeda is also engaged. Father
has been awfully...reclusive lately. Dark." she commented before taking a
sip of her drink.

"So, what have you been up to Riddl- Sky." the nickname felt strange yet comfortably so. Hmph.
Strange.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 am

Skyler took in the information, frowning slightly before sighing softly and shaking her head, setting her drink back down on the table. "I assume they're all arranged then?" She questioned almost sadly. It was bad enough to be under the kind of pressure they were when in a pureblood family. It was unbearable to have all your choices taken from you and made for you. Skyler didn't envy the blonde, that was for certain.

Skyler didn't say anything in regards to the reclusiveness of the other girls' father. She didn't know what to think about it, but she knew her own grandmother seemed that way as well lately. Of course that could be because of Tom...

Skyler managed to [ush those thoughts away, and focused again on the here and now. Nodding to the change in subject, she responded friendly enough, allowing the other a break from the personal business. She didn't want to push and make the other uncomfortable. Skyler also overlooked the slip in name choice as well, but again decided not to comment on it. "Well, just got back from a long, unbearable trip tp Beauxbatons." She wrinkled her nose in disgust at the thought of the place. "It was like being in hell." She nodded to reaffirm her thoughts on that.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:08 am

Cissa nodded, "Yes arranged. And just between us, Luc asked me to be his girlfriend." she smiled.
She listened to the girl and assumed a quizzical expression.
"Beauxs? What on earth were you doing there? Was your family trying to make you more of a lady? Mind, I could help you there.." she teased knowing the Riddle girl would more likely want to go to hell than be a proper lady of society.
Narcissa did not like Beauxbatons. The girls were almost all part veela. No. She didnt like it one bit there.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 pm

If Skyler were shocked at all by the information in regards to Malfoy, she didn't let it show. In fact, she reacted as if she had already known it would happen. "Is that so?" She questioned rhetorically, getting her food situated in front of her and picking up her spoon. "I hope I'm not wrong in assuming your response to that." She stated casually, taking a bite of her food. Skyler couldn't imagine the blonde turning down Malfoy for any reason, though Skyler might be able to think up a few herself.

Rolling her eyes, Skyler let out a mock laugh as the other teased her. "Hardy har har. Humorous must be a trait that runs in the Black family." She stated sarcastically, though her eyes hinted at her playfulness. "But you're not too far off I suppose. Either way, it didn't work in their favor. Besides, life is way too excitable to worry about being a proper lady of society if you ask me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Away From The Crowds   Away From The Crowds Empty

Back to top Go down

Away From The Crowds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Broomstix-
Jump to: