The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

The Magicians Apprentice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

The Magicians Apprentice Empty
PostSubject: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 pm

i ran hmy fingers through my hair absently as I walked on, deeply sunken into my newest read, *Wandlore through Time*.
At the moment I was delving through my thoughts, my own theories, and writing them down in the notebook I held halfway under my read.
'Wandcores seem to be the essential part to conducting magic, but the core seems to have magic of its own, somehow selfcontrolling-' I broke off writing as I stumbled over a stone and managed to catch myself and save the books before toppling over and landing on my bum.
I sighed looking up and seeing where I had landed, Ollivanders.
Exactly the right place for my quest. Learning more about Wandlore.
To be honest, I wanted desperately to ask him if he'd be willing to teach me about Wandlore, learning from the best, so to say.
So dusting myself off I knocked on the door
"Mr.Ollivander, sir? I'm Ariadne Holiday, I was wondering if I could ask you some questions?"
Back to top Go down
Ollivander
Wandmaker
Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

Ollivander looked up from his work at the clinking of the store's bell, weaving through the many shelves in the store the shopkeeper found himself behind a young Miss. Ariadne Holiday "Indeed Miss. Holiday, however questions should be asked in a place of comfort, shall we continue further into the store?" He asked, his tone betraying his curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

"Yes, of course." I nodded smiling and entering the shop, following his lead.
"Well, I'd like to study Wandlore when I'm done with school and I was wondering if you would be ready to teach me? I've always been fascinated by the magic in the wand, but I fear books can only teach me so much." I stopped talking before I started rambling, my fingers absentmindedly playing with a stray blonde curl that fell out of my ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Ollivander
Wandmaker
Ollivander

PostSubject: Re: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:22 am

Ollivander felt his eyesbrows rise in surprise, now that he certainly wasn't expecting. Very little was known about Wandlores and the scarce information that was known was kept tightly under the viel of secrecey, it was an understatement to say that only 'so much' information could be obatained by books alone.

Offering the other a seat he studied the girl with piercing clear eyes, a moment of silence was sent ringing throughout the shop before he finally spoke up in response. "The workings of a Wandlore is a very serious and difficult branch of magic Miss. Holiday...it takes more then texts to fully understand the concepts and even more difficult to put into practice. Even then, some can not fully grasp the concepts at all." He said

"Wandlore requires your full dedication and focus, it's no part time job, most find themselves failing even after all their dedication be put into their work...it's a very risky business."
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I nodded,
"'ve been fascinated by them ever since I can remember, and I can honestly say that there is nothing to distract me, I can give it my full dedication. I spend all my time searching through books for the smallest detail indicating towards the magic that wands posses. One wand in particular keeps coming up, at least, I believe its one wand..." I bit lip. That one wand seemed like bad news to me. Very bad news. But seen from a wandlore perspective it was fascinating, a wand that made you unbeatable. That only further supported my theory that the wands own magic must be combined with that of its wizard for the wizard to be powerful. And that the wands magic must vary from composition.
However, this was just a theory, and I didnt even know if that one wand truly existed.
"Please Mr. Ollivander, I promise to give you my full time and dedication on the subject. I'm willing to take the risk." I said looking him in the eyes, my honesty shining through.
Sad as it was...there was truly nothing to distract me.
Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magicians Apprentice   The Magicians Apprentice Empty

Back to top Go down

The Magicians Apprentice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Ollivander's Wand Shop-
Jump to: