The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Dont put a label on me...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

Dont put a label on me... Empty
PostSubject: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 pm

That was the last straw. The very last none. I thought when I had overheard my elder brothers guy friends talking about me.
'She's kinda cute, you know, in a bookish way...'
'What? Ari? Noooo. No man, get your glasses polished. You never see her face anyway, always reading.'
'She's a mouse, quiet, shy and unnoticable.'
'Oi you nobs, she's my sister alright, change subject, kay?'

I bit my lip as my brother half defended me.
So in an attempt to look less bookish and more..I dunno...pretty...I dove into the closet of fashionable clothes my Mom had gotten me, in a vain attempt to maybe get me into it.
Hadnt worked, but I'd liked sitting in the spacious closet and reading.

So all prettied up I stepped into the room.
Big mistake.
Laughter reached my ears, followed by crude remarks and pick up lines.
My brother defended me lightly but couldnt, not really.
It was true what they said, somewhat...
So here I was now, in my haven, Flourish and Blotts
I leaned against the familiar shelves, and closed my eyes.
What had I been thinking...?
Back to top Go down
Amora Devlin
Deputy Headmistress
Amora Devlin

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 am

Amora sighed slightly bored as she passed the many shelves lined with books, looking for the arts section, since she was going to be teaching it this year she thought it would help if she looked revised the subject a little and what better place to start looking for information then a book store!

...Well maybe a Library would have been a better place to search but this way she wouldn't have to keep going back to the bloody place and look for the book again when referring back to it. Scanning the stacks of books silently she stopped short in confusion when she came to a block in the aisle. A young girl with curled blond hair leaned on one of the shelves, she had her eyes closed so she probably hadn't noticed Amora.

'She looks familiar...definitely a student' She thought, trying to refer back to the many profiles she had studied in her office, staying silent for a few more minutes Amora cleared her throat before speaking "You know, it would be a lot more comfortable taking a nap on a less vertical surface."
Back to top Go down
https://thedarkages.rpg-board.net
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:18 pm

My eyes snapped open as I looked on to a face, blinking a few times I answered,
"Oh eh, I'm sorry if I'm in the way. Ehm, would you like help looking for something? I know this place better than most of the shopkeepers." I blushed trying to redeem some dignity and trying to ignore my bright red outfit, black tophat, frizzed hair, black vest and dark red skirt with black lace up stillettos.
Something..different...
"I'm Ariadne Holiday, but most people call me Ree." I tried hard to keep the stammer out of my voice, damn me for being so easily spooked.
Back to top Go down
Amora Devlin
Deputy Headmistress
Amora Devlin

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:27 pm

"No need to stumble over yourself for lil' ol' me, I'm not that important in this world, as much as I'd like to be." Amora gave the girl a lazy grin as she apologized and seemed to stumble over her words, the Art Professor's grin grew as the other offered her help 'Oh? Not as timid as I thought...'

"Well it would be a whole load of help if you could get me to the Arts section," Amora said cheerfully before responding to the girls introduction "Nice to meet you Ree, you can call me Amora." She continued while gesturing for the other to lead the way "Now before we go on I have to ask this first, because I need to get it out of the way or I'll burst from curiosity. I would like to know what a pretty girl like you is doing in a place like this, alone?"
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 am

nodded, blushing slightly, the arts section was nice, more peaceful than some other parts here.
"Okay it's right over here" I led her to it as I listened to her. nodding very once in a while.
"Nice to meet ypu too Amora" I smiled slightly.
At her question I felt my face flush and heat rise to my cheeks.
"Oh
ehm, it was stupid, I dont normally look like this. I was just...being
stupid I guess. I come here a lot though, its a good place to just sit
and read." I explained, deflecting the subject.
"And what brings you here?" Duh, books. Stupid Question Ree, smooth. Real smooth. No wonder you have no friends.
Back to top Go down
Amora Devlin
Deputy Headmistress
Amora Devlin

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Amora gave a grin as the girl led the way "Now, now Ree, no need to be bashful or modest, the only thing I would suggest changing in the outfit you got on it your hairstyle, I'd put it up in a high pony tail, keep your hair out of those gorgeous features you have, that'll have guys drooling over you in no time." She said proudly as she continued to follow Ariadne.

Amora hummed in agreement with Ree's comment and gave a grin at her question "Well I was thinking of brushing up on my Art and thought this might be a good place to start. How about you little Ree Ree?" She asked sort of making a name for the girl on her own "You didn't answer my question, whats a gorgeous little Ree Ree like you doing here alone?"

She gave a mischievous grin, knowing she was being difficult with the girl. Amora wasn't however doing it to tease the poor thing...well maybe she was a little, but the girl needed confidence, a blind man could see she didn't have enough of it. Getting the girl to be more outspoken would, she hoped, give Ariadne more confidence.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Holiday

Ariadne Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Ree felt a slight blush spread over her cheeks at the womans advice.

"Oh I doubt that, but I dont really care. I'd rather read anyway." she said quietly before the woman continued to pry into why Ree was there.

She felt her cheeks grow even hotter and tried to keep the stammer and shame out of her voice.

"Oh I...ehm..I spend..most of my..time here.." she let her gaze sink. YEs. let's all laugh at Aris blooming social life. Cmon, everybody. Alright? sigh...

It was true, Ari had no friends outside of her books and the only guy she was ever interested in was fictional.

Pathetic but..she couldnt ever get hurt that way. Spo she just spent her time reading or expirimenting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont put a label on me...   Dont put a label on me... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont put a label on me...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Flourish and Blotts-
Jump to: