The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Briar Tempest

Briar Tempest

Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets Empty
PostSubject: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:14 am

Briar walked town the aisles of Sugarplum's Sweet Shop, her hands grazing the sweets as her eyes looked through the merchandise. Lion trotted along behind her, his tail wagging happily. Briar couldn't help but grin. It was a great day. The sun was out and her hair was being calm for once. Not to mention Lion wasn't barking at every little thing he saw. The only thing that would make this day better would be sweets.

Her mother had let Briar shop by herself which wasn't usual. Normally, her mother would follow her around with Cordelia in tow. It was annoying because Cordelia was a whiny, brat child that needed to have food with her at all times unless you wanted to deal with a demon child from Hell. Yeah, Briar almost died of excitement when her mother said that Briar could go by herself if Lion came with her.

As she walked through the aisles, she felt eyes on her. Frowning, Briar whipped around to see a pair of hazel eyes staring at her. Briar scowled when she saw him. "I thought I finally got rid of you when I went to Hogwarts." Briar should've known better. Thornbush was a Pureblood, of course he was going to Hogwarts. how naive of her.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Nott

Timothy Nott

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:35 am

Timothy wondered why he was in Sugarplum's. He didn't understand why he needed to eat sugar on a daily basis, but it worked. He grabbed handfuls of licorice wands and gummies and calmly stuffed them into a plastic bag. He walked down the aisles and watched a girl who was also walking through.

The girl looked familiar. Wild brown hair, rather short in height, thin. Yes, this was the girl he was trying to avoid, but couldn't help but look at. The girl turned on her heel and scowled at Timothy. "Hello Briar. Nice to see you too," he said politely, yet sarcastically. "If you haven't noticed, I go there too." Didn't Briar realize that he was stating the obvious?
Back to top Go down
Briar Tempest

Briar Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 am

Briar's golden brown eyes stared calmly at her very much hated neighbor. She couldn't stand living next to the boy. Now she was going to be in a castle with him. Without parental supervision and the ability to escape. Not to mention they would be learning how to use magic. Briar doesn't know if she would be able to stop her angry outbursts. She was extremely impulsive at times. Thornbush would have to be careful.

"Yes, I just realized that." Briar shot back, setting a hand on Lion's head. Her German Shepherd looked at Thornbush oddly. He obviously noticed that the raven haired boy could not be trusted. Briar plastered a warm smile on her face. Her mother always taught her to be nice to the people she hated. "How have you been Thorny?"
Back to top Go down
Timothy Nott

Timothy Nott

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:37 am

Timothy leaned back and crossed his arms, smirking. "I'm glad you've realized that we are in fact going to be in the same year." It was then that he noticed the dog. The boy's smirk changed into a genuine smile at the dog's strange expression. He knelt down and beckoned the dog to him.

The dog was hesitant at first, but, at Timothy's persistent beckoning, came nearer to the boy. Timothy petted the dog gently between the ears, then down its spine. The dog's tail wagged and Timothy's hand was continually licked until he pulled back. He got up from his knees and became uncomfortable at Briar's warm smile. "I'm well, thank you. How about you?" he asked as the dog headed back to its mistress. "What's the dog's name?"
Back to top Go down
Briar Tempest

Briar Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:45 am

Briar resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Not everyone is as bright as you Thornbush." Briar snapped sarcastically. Her eyes brows knitted together when an actual smile made its way onto his face as he looked at Lion. Briar couldn't remember the last time she saw an actual smile on his face. It must've been when they were really little. It took Briar all of her will power not to break out into a goofy grin.

Briar watched, amazed that Lion was acting so warmly toward Thornbush. It was odd to see Lion like anyone but Briar. Briar leaned against one of the shelves, her mouth slacked open in shock as she stared at the pair of them. She was sure she looked like a freak, but she couldn't care at the moment. Briar was stunned. She snapped out of her reverie when Thorny asked her a question. "Oh, I'm fine. Just excited about Hogwarts." Briar half-lied. Briar watched as Lion made his way back to her, a please look on his face. "Lion." She replied softly as she stroked the dog's head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets   Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunny Days Call for Yummy Sweets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Sugarplum's Sweets Shop-
Jump to: